Hi guys, I hope you are all well. Since the final book in the Cromwell trilogy is being released in March 2020, I wanted to prep for it’s release by sharing 5 reasons to start the trilogy if you haven’t already. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books and have been eagerly waiting for the release of the third. Let’s get onto the mini review.
- If you enjoy historical fiction, then you really need to check this trilogy out. It is set during the reign of Henry VIII and centres around the historical figure of Thomas Cromwell.
- If you are interested in this time period, then these books are a must read.
- While it can take a little while to get used to the writing, it is well worth the initial effort. It is a dense read and the writing style is a little confusing at first but after roughly the first quarter of book 1 you’ll settle into the flow of the story. I really enjoyed the first two books.
- Cromwell is such an interesting historical figure and Mantel has done a fantastic job at recreating him in this trilogy. All of the characters are so well written and their development is great through the first two books. There is a character list to refer to, if you need a little help at keeping track of who’s who.
- There is a fantastic BBC adaptation that you can watch while you’re reading or after you’ve finished.